Do all travellers live in Australia?
Where are you going?
When are you going?
What are the ages of each adult and child at issue of this quote?
Download the latest advice document for the Fiji Floods here
Top ten things you should know: 5 April 2012
Flooding in Fiji and Cover-More Travel Insurance
1. Don’t panic. If you are a Cover-More customer in Fiji who purchased a policy before 30 March, you will be covered for additional accommodation and travel costs under the terms of your policy. Remember to keep all your receipts to assist with your claim.
2. If you are in Fiji and you have a Cover-More policy issued before 30 March 2012 and you can’t return home on your original return date due to the flooding, don’t worry. Your policy will automatically extend free of charge to allow you to return by the quickest and most direct route. As this extension is automatic, you don’t need to do anything.
3. We have medical help on hand. If you are in Fiji and injured or unwell, our doctors and nurses are available to help, so call our emergency medical assistance team immediately on +612 8907 5686. We operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
4. If you are a Cover-More customer who planned to travel to an affected area of Fiji before 11 April, we will reimburse cancellation and travel amendment expenses available under your policy if purchased before 30 March, in line with the terms of your cover.
5. We recommend checking the status of your accommodation in Fiji before cancelling any plans, as flooding may not have impacted the area.
6. Cover-More will reimburse cancellation costs and/or travel amendment costs available under your policy if your hotel or resort can’t accommodate you. Check here for up to date detail and policy wording.
7. You can submit your claim online through our website www.covermore.com.au.
8. For the most up to date information and travel alerts, connect with The Department of Foreign Affairs, through their website
9. If you have any further questions, please email or call us on 1300 72 88 22. We are here whenever you need us.
10. Our thoughts are with the people of Fiji—many Australians know what it’s like to deal with torrential rain, devastating floods and the occasional cyclone. We know Fiji and the people of Fiji will recover though it will take time.
Save money with our annual travel insurance plans
These travel insurance plans give you all-round cover for every trip
Our travel insurance policies cover what many others don't: injuries caused by terrorism, riots and strikes, natural disasters, lost luggage