Nestled beneath the Andes Mountains of Argentina, Bariloche is not only a nature lover’s paradise, but also a luxury-lover’s nirvana. For those that seek to escape the exertion of daily routines, Bariloche is the perfect remote getaway to unwind and rejuvenate. Whether you prefer facials, body wraps or massages, you can indulge and pamper in the setting you find most comforting. Many of the spa treatments can take place in the comforts of your own room while others offer a spectacular view of the Nahuel Huapi Lake or surrounding mountain tops.
Nido Del Condor Hotel & Spa
The Acqua Spa at Nido Del Condor Hotel & Spa, as its name implies, focuses on the water elements. The spa features a large, heated, indoor-outdoor pool, a Turkish bath, a Finnish Sauna, Scottish Showers, a Solarium and general relaxation area.
Here are a few services they offer:
- Vinotherapy - An offering of the Acqua Spa, it is a wildly popular process of using the benefits from grape and vine extracts to provide anti-aging and detoxifying actions to the skin.
- Aromatherapy & Reflexology - Using essential oils, the spa will introduce scents to their full body massage to help soothe, relieve or relax your muscles. The reflexology will be sure to de-stress with use of applying pressure to specific points on the body.
- Algae Body Mask - Offering hydrating properties and regeneration to the skin, the Algae mask is introduced during the massage to condition and rejuvenate the skin.
- Harmonization of Chakras - Chakras are said to be centers or points in the body giving energy to our daily life. During this service, balance to certain chakras can be restored, based on needs.
Acqua Spa also offers Specialty programs for brides, pregnant mothers, athletes and weight-loss clients.
Charming Luxury Lodge & Private Spa
Settled atop a hillside, overlooking the magical Nahuel Huapi Lake, the Charming Luxury Lodge and Private Spa not only offers you the splendour of the natural wonders surrounding you but also many exclusive luxury treatments to be pampered with. Each of the suites encompass a private spa area and customised services can be performed from the comforts of your own room.
Here are a few services they offer:
- Reiki Treatment - Using an energy-healing technique, you can have your system harmonized and achieve balance of your energetic centers, or Chakras.
- Anti-Stress Massage - This holistic massage will help release any stress or tension using relaxing lavender, chamomile, and geranium essential oils. It will aim for a more harmonious state.
- Full-Body Cleanse - Indulge in the incredible purifying benefits of a mud-bath for your face, bust and back, preceded by a deep body cleanse and exfoliation and a relaxing massage using aromatherapy treatment.
- Lymphatic Drainage - The best type of massage for removing toxins from the lymphatic system, eliminating edemas. This is a great treatment for tired feet and legs, especially if you spent much time trekking or Skiing the surrounding Cerro Catedral and Cerro Otto.
- Post-Sun Mask - Spent too many hours basking in the South American sun? This treatment uses Aloe Vera to refresh, moisturise and decongest.
- Chocolate Mask - What sounds better than combining a sweet treat with relaxation? Unfortunately, there won’t be much eating involved in this treatment. The Chocolate Mask will help tone and tighten with a deep cleanse. It ends with a nourishing mask and lip moisturizing. The mask is done without exfoliation and will be perfect for those with extremely sensitive or irritated skin.
- Salon - If you find that you went a few too many weeks without a coloring or manicure, the salon offers full service treatments including a gel manicure and hair extensions.
Llao Llao Hotel & Resort
Possibly the most luxurious resort on the list, at Llao Llao, you will find many exclusive and customisable treatments. The hotel boasts 3 top restaurants, an 18-hole golf course and the lovely spa that overlooks the breathtaking scenery. The Spa is a member of Leading Hotels of the World: Leading Spas, which means it undergoes a rigorous inspection process with more than 200 criteria to ensure an exquisite and rewarding experience.
Here are a few of the services they offer guests:
- Teen Treatment - The teenage years can be some of the most brutal and embarrassing times for the skin which is why Llao Llao Spa has a custom treatment designed specifically for the delicate skin.
- Thermal Shock - Don’t let its name scare you, the program focuses solely on facial rejuvenation and helping to strengthen the skin tone, block the aging process and recover muscle firmness.
- Llao Llao Miototherapy - An exclusive treatment that blends massage therapy and active agents from the Mosquette Rose to reestablish balance to the skin and muscle tone.
- Facial for Men - The teens get their own treatment and we can’t leave out the men that like to be pampered. This custom treatment combines 5 essential oils to provide freshness, smoothness, and rejuvenation.
- Ionozon Bath - A special treatment that purifies the skin and frees it from toxins, while also recovering muscle tone.
- Algae Bath - Algae is one of the best providers of minerals, proteins and vitamin for your skin. This program is tailored to your skin’s exact needs to moisturize it, increase circulation and eliminate toxins for a smooth and soft texture. You can also opt to receive an algae wrap if necessary.
- Craniosacral Therapy - A holistic, deeply-relaxing therapy to help support all of your body’s natural processes. It will target well-being and release physical and energetic blockages and also relieve pain and stress.
Regardless of your needs or preferences, the resorts will help relax and regenerate your mind, body and spirit. In such a beautiful location surrounded by natural wonders, it would be an excellent option to enjoy your experiences under a different, more-tranquil light. Protect your spa day plans and the rest of your holiday with a comprehensive travel insurance plan from Cover-More that gives you full cover for the activities you enjoy. Rest easy knowing you’ve booked spa treatments in one of the most beautiful places in Argentina and because you have travel insurance in your back pocket, should anything go amiss.
Image courtesy of Flickr user David