Shelley Craft's top ten travelling tips
Here at Cover-More, we love the television presenter Shelley Craft because she knows the importance of travel insurance. Shelley – who currently hosts the Nine Network renovation reality show "The Block" – often travels for work, so we had her compile her top ten travelling tips. Read on to learn Shelley Craft's savvy travel tips:
- Did you know dental floss makes a handy clothes line when you need one.
- If you don't want to iron your clothes, either stick them in the mini-bar fridge or wrap them in bubble wrap and you never have to iron on the road again!
- Do a bit of research on where you are going– into the history, the culture and the religion – that way you will get much more out of the destination that you are travelling to.
- Give the local language a go! It's fun, the locals will appreciate it, and you will be rewarded for it along the way.
- Respect the local religion and cultures. When in Rome, do as the Romans do!
- Follow a local! They know the best places to go, the best places to eat and the best spots in any city.
- Pack plenty of layers. It's much easier to strip on and strip off when the weather turns.
- Carry the address of the location you are staying in. These days, the hotel room keys often don't come with an address on it so simply take the notepad from the room.
- If you are lucky enough to have a spa bath, it doubles as a great washing machine. Do a load in there before you go!
- Get travel insurance. There is no question about that one!