How to make a travel insurance claim
The easiest way to lodge a claim with Cover-More is using our online claims tool.
You can access the online claims tool and complete your Cover-More travel insurance claim online 24 hours a day.
Before you start:
- You will be required to submit documentation to support your claim e.g. receipts, reports, etc.
- If you are waiting on supporting documentation please feel free to submit your claim now and forward the documents to us as soon as you have them available.
- If you need to make a claim for more than one event, please submit a separate claim for each event. Our online claim form will manage all existing claims for you.
- Corporate & group customers: Please contact us directly with any claims concerns.
By entering the claims process prepared and aware of what you’ll need, you are helping us resolve your claim as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
- You must advise us of any claim or occurrence which may result in creating a travel insurance claim as soon as possible and within 60 days of the return date shown on your Certificate of Insurance. You can do this by sending us a completed claim form.
- Follow the instructions in Policy Condition 5. Pay particular attention to what’s required if you are making a claim for lost or stolen property, or for emergency medical expenses.
- Send in all the necessary supporting documents as outlined in the online claims tool and remember to make and keep a copy of all documentation for your own records.
If you cannot access Cover-More’s online tool, you can mail your claim to our offices. To do this, you will need to download a travel insurance claim form and post it and your supporting documents directly to us. If you would prefer to submit your claim through this option, please follow the below steps.
Before you start:
Please note that all claims require a fully completed claim form. If your claim is arising from a medical condition, please ensure that the Medical Form is completed by the usual medical practitioner of at least 12 months for the person whose condition caused the claim.
If you booked via a travel agent, please have your agent complete the agent form and supply the necessary documents for the assessment of your claim.
- Download a travel insurance claim form:
Claim Form – for customer use.
Agent Form – for travel agent's use for cancellation or amendment claims only. Please submit this form providing your customer's details and all supporting documentation.
Medical Form - for customer use.
- Add supporting documentation
The claim form lists supporting documentation relevant to your travel insurance claim (e.g. receipts) that we'd like to see.
- Make a copy
Whilst we require you to send originals to us, we highly recommend that you keep copies of everything as a back-up.
- Send it in:
Cover-More Travel Insurance
Private Bag 913
How long will my Cover-More claim take?
We will respond to or settle your travel insurance claim within 10 working days from the time we receive it.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about the claims process, we’re happy to help. Just ring us on
1300 36 26 44.