Home / Claims / Supporting Documentation

Claims documentation

Which documents and receipts do you need to send us?

The documents and receipts you need to include with your claims paperwork depend on the type of claim you are submitting:

Use Cover-More’s Online Claims Centre to lodge your claim and upload your documentation electronically. If you need to gather additional documentation or claims receipts, you can save and return to complete your claim for up to 28 days. Here are the necessary documents, broken down by claim type:

Overseas medical and dental expenses

  • Copies or scans of all receipts with itemised account/s. Retain the original receipts in case we have questions
  • Original medical report/dental report/ hospital records confirming the nature of the illness or injury
  • Original bill/s and receipt/s

Back to top

Additional expenses benefit (after departure)

  • Copies or scans of itemised hotel accommodation accounts, transport tickets and receipts for what is being claimed. Retain the original receipts in case we have questions
  • A copy of your itinerary
  • If your plans changed due to a policy holder’s health, a medical certificate from the medical practitioner consulted (whilst on the journey) confirming the need to change your plans

Back to top

Travel delay

  • Written confirmation from the Transport Provider of the cause and period of the delay and the amount of compensation offered by them
  • Copies or scans of itemised receipts for the hotel expenses claimed. Retain the original receipts in case we have questions
  • Documentary evidence from your travel agent which confirms the amount refunded for the unused accommodation

Back to top

Special events, hospital incidentals, hijacking, loss of income, disability benefit, accidental death benefit, personal liability

  • Please attach a letter summarising your claim
  • If you are uncertain, please contact us for advice on the documents required to support your claim(s)

Back to top

Amendment or cancellation costs

  • If your claim is due to your health, or that of someone else’s (e.g. travelling companion, relative or business partner) please ensure you complete, or have the person whose health has caused the claim complete, the medical authority on page 2 of Claim Form A. Please also ensure that the medical certificate, located on page 4 of Claim Form A, is fully completed by your usual GP, or the person whose health resulted in the claims’ usual GP
  • Have your travel agent complete the claim form and submit the following documentation (Please note if you booked your travel plans directly you will need to contact the relevant travel providers and have them forward the following documentation to you)
    • International flights: A copy of the airline fare sheet/rules (showing the fare conditions)
    • For tours, cruises, accommodation, etc: A copy of the supplier’s booking conditions. If the booking conditions do not allow us to calculate an exact cancellation fee (e.g. if they say the cancellation fee will be - “up to 50%” rather than “50%”) we also require a letter from the supplier advising the net amount paid and the amount refunded by the supplier
    • A copy of the original itemised invoice
    • A copy of the itinerary

Back to top

Delayed luggage allowance

  • Copies or scans of the loss report from the transport provider with confirmation that all of your luggage was delayed, the length of time your total luggage was delayed and details of compensation paid by them. Retain the original report in case we have questions
  • Copies or scans of itemised receipts for essential, emergency purchases of clothing & toiletries (made whilst your luggage was delayed)
  • Retain the original receipts in case we have questions

Back to top

Rental car excess

  • Original Rental Agreement showing the excess you were liable to pay
  • Copy of the itemised repair invoice showing the cost of repairs to the vehicle
  • If another party was at fault, written confirmation from them of the compensation payable by them

Back to top

Loss, theft or damage to luggage, travel documents or money

  • Copies or scans of loss/theft/damage reports e.g. Police report, hotel report, transport provider letter, etc. Retain the original reports in case we have questions
  • For items lost or stolen while in the custody of a transport provider: We require a letter from the transport provider advising the amount of compensation they are paying. Travel insurance protects you against the amount the transport provider is unable to compensate you for, subject to your policy conditions and limits. You need to claim compensation from the transport provider in the first instance before submitting your claim to us
  • Other Items: Copies or scans of purchase receipts (or duplicates from the place of purchase) are best. Other documents you may submit for consideration are warranty cards, instruction manuals, credit card/bank statements, photographs or packaging
  • Damaged Items: Obtain from a repairer (of your choice) a quote stating the repair cost or a letter stating that the item is damaged beyond economic repair
  • Copies of receipts for replacement items if you have replaced the items which were lost, stolen or damaged
  • Retain the original receipts in case we have question

Back to top

Useful Links

annual travel insurance

Save money with our annual travel insurance plans

comprehensive cover

These travel insurance plans give you all-round cover for every trip

choosing the right policy

Our travel insurance policies cover what many others don't: injuries caused by terrorism, riots and strikes, natural disasters, lost luggage

24 hour assistance - we're here when you need us