Ultimate Travel Tales - Terms and Conditions
- The terms and conditions contained herein, together with any other information on how to enter and win prizes in the competition referred to as the “Ultimate Travel Tales Competition” or such other similar reference (“Competition”), comprise the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) to which you submit when entering the Competition. If you submit an entry or read the Terms and Conditions and thereafter take any steps howsoever with respect to submitting an entry, or otherwise participate in this Competition, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions you are referred to as an “Entrant”.
- The promoter is Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd ABN 95003114145 AFSL 241713 (“Cover-More”) of Level 2, 60 Miller Street North Sydney 2060 Australia.
- An Entrant from anywhere in the world may enter the Competition.
- An Entrant must be the age of 18 years or over.
- Employees, and their immediate family, of Cover-More are not eligible to enter this Competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
How to Enter
- The Entrant must submit a photo and/or video (less than 60 seconds long) that has been uploaded to the Entrant’s public Instagram account. The post must also mention the competition hashtag #ultimatetraveltales, and @covermore must be tagged in the photo/video, and the entrant must follow @covermore on Instagram.
- An Entrant may submit more than one entry from the same Instagram account to enter the Competition.
- Entry Period for the 2019 competition is Monday 2 September 2019 at 12:01am GMT to Sunday 29 September 2019 at 11:59pm GMT.
- When submitting an entry, an Entrant must comply with all applicable laws and regulations and must not post, submit or transmit any video, information, image, text or other material of any kind whatsoever that:
- is not original material or material in which the Entrant owns copyright, unless the Entrant is authorised by the copyright owner to post or transmit that material for the purposes of the Competition;
- violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including a person’s intellectual property or privacy rights;
- is unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive, defamatory, derogatory, obscene, vulgar, profane or indecent or that is sexual or pornographic in nature;
- vilifies, insults or humiliates any person on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability;
- identifies any person other than the Entrant, unless the Entrant has obtained the consent of that person to submit the material for the purposes of the Competition and consents to, and submits to the application of, clause 9 of these Terms and Conditions as if that clause 9 applied to that person as an Entrant;
- advertises or promotes any goods or services, websites, competitions or schemes or otherwise for commercial purposes; and
- is knowingly incorrect, misleading or deceptive.
- Cover-More may, but is under no obligation to, monitor or review the contents of the entries and may choose in its sole and unfettered discretion to not promote or show any materials (in whole or in part) for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to that the content is in Cover-More’s view in any way objectionable or may possibly be in violation of any applicable law or these terms and conditions or not promote or adversely effect in any way Cover-More or a Cover-More product or service.
- The Entrant remains liable for the content of any video, information, image, text or other material submitted as an entry and indemnifies and holds harmless Cover-More against and from any claims whatsoever and howsoever arising with respect to the Entrant’s entry.
- Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant indemnifies Cover-More and its directors, officers, employees, and agents (“Indemnified Parties”) on a full indemnity basis for all direct and consequential loss, causes of actions, demands, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature whether monetary or capable of being converted into money, suffered by any of the Indemnified Parties, as a result of, or caused or contributed to by, any act or omission, including any breach of any of these terms and conditions, by the Entrant.
- All entries uploaded to Instagram using the competition hashtag #UltimateTravelTales will be judged with three major winners (“Major Prize Winners”) and ten micro winners (“Micro Winners”) chosen, (together referenced as “Winners”).
- The Major Prize Winners will be determined based on the three categories of best photo, best caption and best video as determined by a Cover-More panel of judges.
- The first round Winners will be notified by Instagram direct message. Judging will take place at Cover-More’s office in North Sydney (or at an undisclosed location otherwise determined as required by Cover-More).
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Winners. Each valid entry will be assessed for creative merit and entertainment value around the themes provided on the Ultimate Travel Tales Competition web page. Entries must not have been submitted previously or have been submitted to win or in an attempt to win prizes in any other competition.
- The Micro Prizes will be awarded to creative and entertaining entries not selected as Major Prize Winners as determined by a Cover-More panel of judges.
- The Winners may be published across Cover-More websites and social media pages following the completed draw and announced via Cover-More’s global websites and social media accounts.
- The total prize pool is valued at approximately $16,800.00 AUD and consists of:
- 3 x Major Prizes of $5,000 AUD cash deposits each (or the approximate value in winners’ local currency).
The value and currency of the Major Prize in the following countries will be as follows:
- $5,000 AUD, if the Major Prize Winner resides in Australia; or
- $5,000 NZD, if the Major Prize Winner resides in New Zealand; or
- £2,500 GBP, if the Major Prize Winner resides in the United Kingdom; or
- €3,000 Euro, if the Major Prize Winner resides in Europe; or
- $3,500 USD, if the Major Prize Winner resides in the United States; or
- ₹250,000 INR, if the Major Prize Winner resides in India.
- 10 x Micro Prize of Fitbit Inspire HR, each valued at less than $200 AUD.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable.
- If the Winner/s are not residing in Australia or the regions specified in clause 19, the Winner may choose one of the currencies in which his or her Major Prize is awarded, provided the prize value would correspond to the relevant currency specified in clause 19.
- Winners will be contacted of his or her win in accordance with the dates set out in Important Dates below and for relevant details required for delivery of prize.
- If a prize is won and unclaimed, that prize will be returned to the Promoter and a new winner will be determined by Cover-More’s panel of judges, from the pool of eligible entrants.
- First round of judging will occur within 2.5 weeks from competition closing date.
- 3 Major prize winners will be notified via Instagram Direct Message first within 3 weeks from competition closing date – they have 7 days to respond with their relevant details (e.g. bank account details, full name, country of residence, etc).
- If a major winner does not respond within 7 days with the adequate details, they forfeit any claim to a prize. Another entrant will be subsequently chosen and notified via Instagram Direct Message and will have 7 days to respond.
- After the 3 major winners are confirmed, then the 10 minor winners will be contacted via Instagram Direct Message. Each entrant has 7 days to respond with their relevant details (e.g. postal address, full name, country of residence, etc).
- If a minor winner does not respond within 7 days with the adequate details, they forfeit any claim to a prize. Another entrant will be subsequently chosen and notified via Instagram Direct Message and will have 7 days to respond.
- Winners will receive their prize within 3 months of having provided all the relevant details to Cover-More (if not earlier).
- Public announcement of major winners will occur within 2 weeks after all relevant details have been submitted to Cover-More
- Public announcement of minor winners will occur within 2 weeks after all relevant details have been submitted to Cover-More.
General Terms and Conditions
- Cover-More reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of any entry and Entrant (including an Entrant’s identity and age) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process, including where Cover-More reasonably suspects that an entry has been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information or entries that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries may be deemed invalid and errors and omissions will be accepted at Cover-More’s discretion. Cover-More’s failure, or decision not, to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver or variation of those rights.
- Cover-More’s decision is final and binding, and the Entrant does not have any right to dispute Cover-More’s decision or grounds for the decision, the Entrant has no right of reply or right to be heard, and these Terms and Conditions can be pleaded in bar to any claim or proceedings brought by the Entrant in any way relating to the Entrant’s entry, Cover-More’s decision or anything undertaken, submitted or accepted in accordance with, with respect to, or by virtue of these Terms and Conditions.
- Each Entrant consents to and grants royalty free perpetual licence to Cover-More using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and voice (including video, film and recording of the same), edit as it deems fit and reproduce in any media for an unlimited period for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome) on the Cover-More website and social media accounts, and promoting any products manufactured, distributed or supplied by or related to Cover-More.
- If the Competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cover-More, including as a result of mechanical, electrical or electronic tampering or fraud, Cover-More reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law either or both of (a) to disqualify any Entrant, including any entries submitted by the Entrant; and (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- The Entrant is liable for any cost or liability associated with accessing Instagram or the promotional webpages including any liability to any internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Entrant to automatically repeatedly enter is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by the Entrant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth) 2010, as well as under any other similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Cover-More (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) the Competition; (b) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Cover-More ‘s control); (c) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (d) any entry, or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Cover-More) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cover-More; (e) any information, image, text or other material of any kind whatsoever submitted as an entry in this Competition (f) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (g) any tax liability incurred by the Winner or Entrant; or (h) use of the prize.
- Cover-More collects personal information in order to conduct the Competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Cover-More may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use an Entrant’s personal information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Entrant. Each Entrant should direct any request to access, update or correct information to Cover-More by calling Cover-More on 1300 72 88 22 or email [email protected].
- This promotion is in no way sponsored by any other entity other than Cover-More. Cover-More can cancel or modify the promotion at its discretion.
- By entering this Competition, you agree and acknowledge that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- By entering in the Competition, each Entrant agrees that New South Wales law, Australia without regard to conflicts of laws principles will apply to all matters relating to this Competition. In the case of a dispute, the Entrant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia, except where, by law, such dispute must be brought in the jurisdiction in which the Entrant is domiciled, or where the relevant law contains mandatory provisions that override such exclusive jurisdiction.