The Great Cover-More Hide and Seek - Terms & Conditions
Cover-More “The Great Cover-More Hide & Seek” Competition Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd ABN 95 003 114 145 AFSL 241713 (“Cover-More”) of Level 2, 60 Miller Street North Sydney 2060 Australia.
- Subject to clause 4, entry is open to Australian residents only and entrants must be the age of 18 years or over, as of the date of entry and who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (“Eligible Entrants”).
- Employees, and their immediate family of Cover-More are not eligible to enter this Competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- The competition runs from 12:01am AEDST on 16/02/2016 and closes at 23:59pm AEDST on 07/03/2016 (the “Competition Period"). All times throughout these Terms and Conditions will be based on Australian Eastern Daylight Standard Time ("AEDST").
How to Enter
- To enter the competition, all entrants must follow ten clues provided over 10 business days starting from 16/02/2016.
- The 10 clues are shared on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and on the Cover-More website.
- Once all 10 clues have been provided, a final clue is provided on 29/02/2016 at 6pm AEDST which will need to be solved in order for the entrant to be directed to a secret landing page on the Cover-More website.
- The entrant will provide their full name and email address on the Cover-More website to go into the draw to win the Prize.
- The total prize pool is valued at AU$14,630 (including GST) and consists of one prize of AU$14,630 worth of AU$10 Apple iTunes Cards (which can only be used on Australian iTunes) awarded to the winner.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The winner will be the first valid entry randomly drawn at Cover-More’s premises.
- The draw will take place on Tuesday 08/03/2016 at 2:00pm AEDST from all valid entries received up to 07/03/2016 at 11:59pm AEDST.
- The winner will be notified by email within 2 business days of the draw. The winner will be announced on the Cover-More Facebook page published online at www.covermore.com.au .
- The Prize will be sent within 28 days of the draw’s closure.
- Cover-More may conduct a further draw on 09/06/2016 at the same time and place as the original draw in order to distribute any unclaimed prize by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. The winner of a further draw will be notified within 2 business days of the draw.
General Terms and Conditions
- Cover-More reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity and age) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process, including where Cover-More reasonably suspects that an entry has been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information or entries that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries may be deemed invalid and errors and omissions will be accepted at Cover-More's discretion. Failure by Cover-More to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Cover-More's decision is final and binding, and the entrant does not have any right to dispute Cover-More’s decision or grounds for the decision, the entrant has no right of reply or right to be heard, and these Terms and Conditions can be pleaded in bar to any claim or proceedings brought by the entrant in any way relating to the entrant’s entry, Cover-More’s decision or anything undertaken, submitted or accepted in accordance with, with respect to, or by virtue of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, Cover-More reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- Each entrant consents to Cover-More using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are the Winner (including video, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed or supplied by Cover-More.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cover-More, including as a result of mechanical tampering or fraud, Cover-More reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant, including any entries submitted by the entrant; and (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
- The entrant is liable for any cost or liability associated with accessing the competition’s website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- Cover-More reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition, the Competition and Consumer Act (CCA) 2010, as well as under any other similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees").
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Cover-More (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Cover-More's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry, or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Cover-More) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cover-More; (d) any information, image, text or other material of any kind whatsoever submitted as an entry in this competition (e) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of the prize.
- Cover-More collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Cover-More may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use your personal information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to Cover-More by calling Cover-More on 1300 72 88 22 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This competition is in no way sponsored by any other entity other than Cover-More. Cover-More can cancel or modify the competition at its discretion.
- You agree to be wholly complaint and consistent with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
- By entering this competition you agree and acknowledge that: (a) this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) (b) you provide a complete release of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in relation to your entry to this competition (c) by entering this competition you are providing information to Cover-More and not to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- This Competition and these Competition’s Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. By entering into the competition entrants and any party which uses or takes the benefit of any prize awarded, accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/00567. ACT Permit No. TP 16/00152. SA Licence No. T16/132.