World Events and Claims Advice
When events occur that affect new policies or affect our policyholders travelling in the area, we post relevant travel insurance advisory information here.
If you are planning to travel to a region mentioned in our claims advice section or you are already there, read through the relevant documentation to find out how this could influence your travel plans and your travel insurance policy.
Note: past advice may still be relevant, so please ensure you review all advisories before purchase.
Ongoing Worldwide Advice
Mount Agung Volcano
See below for more alerts that may be relevant to you.
- Japan Earthquake
22 November 2016
- Important information on the Japan Earthquake issued on 22 November 2016.
- New Zealand Earthquake
14 November 2016
- Important information on the New Zealand Earthquake issued on 14 November 2016.
- Scam Email Alert
22 September 2016
- Important information on the Scam Email issued 22 September 2016.
- Thailand Bombings
12 August 2016
- Important information on the Thailand Bombings issued 12 August 2016.
- Turkey Military Coup
16 July 2016
- Important information on the Turkey Military Coup issued 16 July 2016.
- European Floods
3 June 2016
- Important information on the floods in Europe issued 3 June 2016.
- Cyclone Winston
20 February 2016
- Important information on Cyclone Winston issued 20 February 2016.
- Zika Virus
8 February 2016
- Important information on the Zika Virus Outbreak issued 8 February 2016.